- Check the Human Resources website for New Faculty Orientation to find dates and locations for upcoming orientation sessions. During orientation, you will learn about UF policies and procedures, benefits and financial services, technology resources, campus information, faculty organizations, and much more.
About retirement plans and other benefits?
- You will receive benefits information from Human Resource Services during the New Faculty Orientation. Your benefits options vary. You can review faculty benefits on the UF Human Resource Services website.
My first paycheck?
- For more on payroll and technicalities, visit University Payroll Services and/or contact the Academic Personnel Office at (352) 392-2477.
Questions on tenure?
- There are several requirements for tenure at the University of Florida, usually including teaching, research, and service. The review process includes university (Presidential and Academic Personnel Board), college, and department levels.
- To determine university-level expectations, appropriate forms, and links to other relevant information, visit the Office of Academic Affairs website.
What sort of activities count toward the service requirements for tenure?
- Check with your department and/or your college about which activities count as service for you.
- Service activities could include departmental committees, membership in professional organizations, attending graduation ceremonies, advising students, serving on thesis committees, Faculty Senate, professional organizations, and so on.
- Check out the list of University Committees on which faculty members may serve.
Official UF Regulations and Policies?
- UF Policies are on the General Counsel’s website, with official UF Regulations.
About student grade appeals? Student behavior?
- Check out the Faculty Handbook sections on Teaching and Students, which outline and link such policies and procedures.
- The UF Counseling Center provides an excellent resources on helping students in distress.
Suspected case(s) of cheating or plagiarism?
- Besides the UF Regulation on the Student Honor Code (PDF) and the Faculty Handbook’s Resources for Students, which outline your responsibilities and steps to take, consult the matter with your Chair and the Dean of Student’s Academic Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution site.
Apply for a research grant and funds?
- The Office of Research has a wealth of funding information and links. Visit the site for help on the Division of Sponsored Research section or consult their Researcher’s Handbook.
Academic Technology Questions
Questions on support for classroom media services, instructional technology and technology enhanced teaching/learning?
- The Office of Academic Technology has an extensive site on faculty services.
Questions on faculty Gatorlink accounts? E-mail services?
- The Business Services Division is the central office for all things related to Faculty Gator 1 ID card, parking and faculty decals, and UF Bookstore.
- The Office of Information Technology has an extensive list of faculty related services including Gatorlink (email) accounts, computer and computer account issues and listservs.
Environmental Health & Safety Questions
Questions on animal contact medical monitoring program?
updated 29 Nov 2018